Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bar Soap

An intimidating thought! I know it is easy to get stuck in that "I am invincible" mode. When your "soap" runs out, what legecy do you hope to have left? Are you using each moment to make a good impression on those around you, to reach out and show love to everyone?

Every day I walk in to work, past dozens of people - students, teachers, hospital employees, worried parents of hospital patients... and we are such a separated society! It is rare that someone I walk past will make deliberate eye contact with me (and, I must admit, there are days I prefer it that way.) And if they do, you may get an obligitory half smile. But it is so rare to see a genuine smile from someone! I have seen one such girl here at the hospital who smiles a bright, deep smile when I see her. I don't know her name, or what she does. But when she smiles at people, it is so big that I just can't help smiling back!

If nothing else, I think that is a goal for me as I use my "soap" daily - that just maybe I can make one other person smile broadly during the day!

No comments: