Friday, May 1, 2009

Enjoying the Previously Mundane

Another lecture I listened to also talked about this similar topic - how everything we do is something that can be done with gladness! She spoke also that everything we do is something that is holy. Christians are filled with the Holy Spirit, therefore, everything they do is touched with Holiness!

What mundane things do you do daily, that you can retrain yourself to do with gladness? We had discussed earlier about using coffee as a trigger to pray for those too poor to afford coffee (oops! I have a McD's coffee - I shall say a prayer in a minute here!) But not only should we pray for those poor, but be glad in our riches and our coffee! :)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Dishes.......washing those dishes......and again, washing those dishes..... and cooking the food that goes onto those dishes so I can wash them again........those dishes.......dishes....


Isn't that just so pathetic? So, I try to retrain myself to be thankful for those dishes that had food on them that we eat so thoughtlessly.

Kate C. said...

ah! I have a poem somewhere for you about dishes!

I'll make it a big post... No, I don't think it's pathetic. I would agree that dishes can be a painful time. I tried to make it better with good music or audiobooks, or plugging in my phone headset and calling family. But it's still hard to make time for those boring dishes. I don't mind making the food that fills the dishes though! :)